In an effort to shake things up, question convention and challenge the status quo, we solicit your help in submitting creative panels, proposals, and papers that dare to think outside the box in how we have been thinking about and framing the wildfire problem. In addition to traditional academic and practitioner presentations, we offer the opportunity to bring forward participatory, interactive and workshop-like ideas to help our community stretch our collective imagination about how we are defining our problems and solutions. Deadline for submissions is August 15, 2018.
We are looking for proposals that will:
- Question conventional framing and assumptions underlying existing fire management practices
- Demonstrate more holistic thinking about fire management - Unpack how status-quo solutions are not working
- Highlight different or non-traditional skill sets/ points of view
- Provide insight on how perspectives from other fields could inform thinking
- Cultivate a practitioner perspective by encouraging attendance of fire fighter/seasonal staff and local groups/organizations working in wildfire.